Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Beginnings...

To say that this is the beginning of anything is really a misnomer, the only thing that it is the beginning of is this blog. Nothing else is really changing with this initial post. I am a wife and mother that lives in a tiny town in Iowa. I have lived in several states since getting married 12 years ago. My son is 17 months old today. He is quick with smiles and hugs and completely adorable. He took a long time to conceive and could have died on us several times over before he was born. We are blessed by him. I pray that I will do my best by him, with Gods help. I will need Gods help, definitely. I have issues, as you'll find out before long. Hormonal ones, chemical imbalances, that sometimes interfere with my ability to do the things that I want to do. That isn't an excuse, it is reality. This blog, this airing of my thoughts and prayers, I hope, will be a way to understand how to deal with them in a positive way. Whether anyone besides me reads it is irrelevant. 

My prayer for tonight:

Father, I love you. I ask that you give Ben restorative rest tonight. He is so tired, these long days of work, so many in a row, drain him. I know that it thrills him to see little man's bright smiles and hear his giggles when he comes home after a long day. Help him to come home, also, to a wife with a smile and the ability to do the things tasked to me. You are the Creator, the Perfecter, and I ask that you lessen me and increase You, so that there is no question as to who is to be thanked, to whom the glory should be given. Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment